South Bergen’s Best Catholic Elementary School
Sacred Heart School has earned a reputation for academic excellence. Our well-rounded curriculum helps students to develop into independent thinkers with strong problem-solving skills. With a challenging curriculum and fully-certified teachers, it’s no wonder our students routinely score in the top 20 percent nationally on standardized tests. Plus, our graduates are accepted to some of the area’s most selective high schools, including Bergen Academy, St. Peter’s Prep, Lacordaire Academy, Seton Hall Prep and Immaculate Conception—some with scholarships!
As part of our challenging private school curriculum, Sacred Heart School prepares students to compete in today’s high-tech world. Each of our classrooms is equipped with SmartBoards and computers, while students in grades kindergarten through eight receive formal instruction in our fully equipped computer lab with Internet access. Laptops are also available for use by students and teachers.
Our spiritual life curriculum sets a moral foundation that lasts a lifetime. In addition to organized religious instruction, service projects on the local, national and even international level are an important component of a Sacred Heart education.
Special programs are offered for children in all stages of development, including gifted children and those who need extra help.
Admission to all grades at Sacred Heart School is granted on a first-come, first-served basis. Since classes are limited by size, we encourage families to submit their applications as soon as possible. All admissions are at the discretion of the principal. New students are required to have a physical from a physician.
Serving Lyndhurst, Rutherford and Beyond
Sacred Heart students come from a broad range of towns in Bergen, Hudson, Essex and Passaic counties, as well as other areas. Towns widely represented include:
Sacred Heart School is the smart choice for your child. For additional information or to make an appointment for a personal tour, call (201) 939-4277 or CLICK HERE.
Catholic School Benefits
Catholic school education lays the foundation for a lifetime of success. In study after study over the past two decades, researchers have proven that Catholic school students have higher levels of success:
- Catholic school students have exceptional graduation and college attendance rates. In the Archdiocese of Newark, 97 percent of Catholic school graduates choose to attend college.
- Catholic school students excel on national standardized tests. In fact, Catholic school students score in the top one-third on standardized tests in the nation.
- Catholic school students are better writers. A greater emphasis on homework and study translates into more effective writing skills, according to recent research.
- Catholic schools encourage higher levels of family involvement. Studies show that this results in higher attendance rates and lower dropout rates.
- Catholic schools emphasize spiritual and moral development. We constantly reinforce the religious and moral values you practice at home. It’s a very valuable benefit—one that secular schools can’t provide.