Pre –Kindergarten 4 Curriculum Summary
Sacred Heart School’s Pre-K 4 program is designed to prepare children for Kindergarten. The classroom is a structured environment to help children become familiar with school. The program engages children so they enjoy being in the classroom. Our program gives children the opportunity for hands on activities, learning centers and playtime. Children’s socialization skills and communication skills are the main focus.
The Pre-K 4 program includes:
- A Choice of a Half Day or Full Day Program
- Half day program 8:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Full day program 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Daily Routine:
- Children unpack and pack up their own belongings.
- Morning routine: Pledge of Allegiance, sing, prayers, discuss the weather, calendar
- Alphabet and Word Work
- Nursery Rhymes
- Shared Reading
- Small Motor Skills
- Children begin writing their first name in December/January.
- Sight words are introduced mid-year to help develop reading skills for Kindergarten.
- Physical Education
Some added features to our program include our Small Blessings Christmas play, Stone Soup Day, Junior Olympics, our St Patrick’s Day Parade, and our cross over ceremony at the end of the year.